Sunday, June 28, 2009

Passion vs a job (part 3)

I’ve been going to the NY Public Library the Science, Industry, Business Library)for FREE classes that are offered to the public. It offer many courses in business research, job research, science research. I took a tour that was offer to get familiar with what is in there. Even though I’ve been there and used the service a few times in my life time but things change very quickly in there to keep up with times. I’m glad I took the tour and it did help me familiarize with resources being held in there…and a little of history of the NY Public as well.

A few of the courses that I’ve been taking in The NY Public Library involved small business research and job research. I am still in the process of working on my resume and still exploring my area of interest/passion to come up with some sort of small business (hopefully).

Multi tasking by taking care of a baby, taking classes and exploring my interest isn’t easy to manage. I don’t think focusing on one and finishing up that task and then start another one is feasible at the moment. Life is definitely too short to just work on one thing at a time.

Michael Jackson, the world icon only lived to age 50. I have a little more than 10 years to get to that age. I have to get as much done and as soon as possible. Time waits for nobody.

I think I read something from one of the books I read and it goes something like this “Do something, don’t just stand there. Indecision causes this country a lot of money. And decisiveness is one of the major qualities in a good manager,” by Lee Iacocca. These are not exact words but the idea of indecision isn’t going anywhere.

This article sums it up very much what I want to say in #4.

No comments:

Post a Comment