Thursday, June 11, 2009

My indoor herb garden update

I planted at least 12 different herbs indoor from late April earlier this year. They are:

Thyme
Rosemary
Scallion
Parsley
Oregano
Sage
Basil
Basil lemon
Basil
Sweet marjoram
Spearmint
Mint

I failed on rosemary, sweet marjoram, spearmint, mint, thyme (was very small and are dying). Because I fail, I bought the herbs (rosemary, mint and thyme) from Home Depot to plant indoors at home.

I am successful in planting and harvesting the following and had in my meals.

Scallion – very tall but very young, when I cut them, they roll up, mainly for my fish dishes – they are delicious.

Parsley – very small and fine, I think they are not working very well indoors. I probably have to give up on this as well.

Basil – in my chicken dishes and they smell great.

Now that I have rosemary and thyme, I will try more recipes with those.

No comments:

Post a Comment