Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 4th

I can’t believe another July 4th is coming up. Last year this time, I was pregnant and my belly was getting bigger each and everyday. I was reading the “What to expect when you’re expecting” book while still working in my full-time job.

As usual this July 4th, we’ll be going to cousin’s house for a pool party. We do pot luck pool party. Since I can’t really cook yet (not for anyone to try it anyway except my husband), I will be bring fresh mixed fruit salad which I can cut and put together.

photo of 7 cmopartments platter

Last November, I found these 7 compartment platters in midtown Jack’s 99 cent store for a few dollars and I also found a cover that fits. So that’s what I was planning to do whenever we have family gatherings and whenever we do pot luck parties. I always love fruit salads and I think most people do. Getting a fruit salad from the supermarket or even Costco costs a fortune. For the same amount of money you paid in the supermarket or Costco, I can make 2 and have left over for myself. As of matter of fact, I’ve used it once to go to sister-in-law’s son’s birthday party and they loved it and thought it was purchased from a store. They asked me where I got the platter. And I offer to buy one for one of the sister-in-laws.

I went by the store a few times and they do not have the lid for the smaller platter (that’s what my sister-in-law wants). I even asked the sales lady that works there and she said there is no cover for that. I told her I was there last November (I scanned my receipt) and they did have it. She kept telling me no, there aren’t any covers for that. And then I showed her the bigger platter has this lid. And she said that lid is for another container/platter. Well, that lid did fit that other platter but also fits the 7 compartment platter as well. I don’t know if she doesn’t know what she was talking about or did I mixed the lids. I’ll just have to come by every once in a while to check for the lid. I seriously think because of the summer season, all the lids are gone. They might restock it later when the season is over.

What do you do on July 4th?

No comments:

Post a Comment