Sunday, December 20, 2009

The costs and benefits of not owning a car

When I decided to give up my car, I know I was ready to give up

The bad things:
1) paying auto insurance
2) paying for tickets (parking mostly)
3) paying for high gas prices
4) giving up on having to move my car every other day because of alternate side street cleaning rules
5) most of all avoid people asking for favorites just because I have a car in the city where it’s consider a luxury if you own a car.
6) Paying for damages to the car because people break into my car
7) Find parking space


The Good things:
1) Giving up on how much time I can save by driving to a certain place vs taking pubic
transportation and wait for it’s schedule.
2) In case of emergency, I can use my car
3) Have a car to buy bulky heavy stuff
4) Don’t have to ask other car owner for favors
5) Lower my daily expenses
6) I don’t have to plow my car out of the snow storm like what we have today

I think one of the health benefits of giving up my car is to walk everywhere I need to go – that is my exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment