Monday, November 2, 2009

Remembering My Grandma

I still think of my grandma who passed away this past February. I remember I packed up a box of soft tissue for her. She used a lot of tissue because she coughed every once in a while. I also packed a nail clipper to help her cut her fingernails; a comb to comb her hair; a new soft cloth (those that babies use to wash their face) to help her wash her face.

Unfortunately that Saturday morning before I got up to go see her and deliver all that stuff to her in the hospital, my mother called and told me that she already passed away. When I got there, she was already wrapped up in plastic and only her face was showing. I touched her face, her hair, her arms and her feet. She was still warm and then she turned colder. We were all very sad but I knew she was at peace finally. She was in too much pain the few nights that I spent with her in the hospital.

Doctors said she lived to age 98 that is like live twice for other people. Indeed she did live a long life but from seeing her go through surgery, rehabilitation, falls and to dead, I hope I won’t have to go through as much if I were to live that long. I hope to live a healthier life than her. She is always in my mind and reminds me of what life is all about and not to sweat the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment