Monday, November 16, 2009

Learn to organize (clothing and accessories) from my unorganized other half

When it comes to organizing a home and documents, I think I am much better than my husband. However the other day, I realized there is something he does much better than I am in organizing – clothing and accessories.

My husband occupied much more space (although he gave me some drawers and closet space) in the closet than I am because I moved into his apartment after we got married. He organized his clothing by category in drawers and shelves. He puts all his white socks in one draw, another draw with all black. He has all his ties in one place, all his sweaters in another shelves all together, all shirts are together from light color to dark color and all of his winter accessories (hats, gloves, scarves) in one bag. I finally appreciate how he put all his accessories together in one place and makes it very easy to change a pair of gloves if he chooses to.

I bag (with label) all my clothing by season. I have 2-3 bags of clothing for the summer. And then I have another 2-3 bags of clothing for winter. If I need to look for something, I have to go through the bags to find what I want. I have casual, formal and sporty clothing all together in the bags. I have my winter accessories all mixed up in my coats and winter clothing. So when I put on my blue coat the other day, I was wearing a pair of completely different color gloves because I didn’t have time to look for the blue gloves I have.

I am in the mission of at lease put all my winter accessories together in one bag (with label) so when I need to change a coat, all I have to do is go through this bag and get the color that matches the best.

My next bigger project will be organizing the clothing I have. Summer, winter, fall, spring, bathing suit, scarves, gloves, dresses, formal wear, casual wear, sporting wear, winter coats, spring jackets, dressy coats and jackets etc…Who has the time for all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment