Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Planting herbs

Last year, I started some herb plants at home. I spent some amount of money on a light, pots and soil. It didn’t work out that well because it brought bugs. I’m not sure if it was the soil or the air. We tried different soil and try other methods of killing the bugs but it was not successful and I finally had to give up on them.

I did planted basil and parsley outdoors during the summer months and it worked great. The basil was very easy to plant either indoors or outdoors but outdoors definitely beat indoors. I had so much basil that I froze them with olive oil and kept in cubes in the freezer. I still have a lot in the freezer that I haven’t gotten a chance to use. I think it’s time to throw them out.

This year I am planting the basil again but I am not planting too many of them. I only have 2 basil plants and they are working well consider I only use basil every once in a while.

I wish the parsley plants are doing much better but they are not. Parsley doesn’t grow as fast as basil and I love fresh parsley in my salads and juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment