Monday, August 3, 2009

De-clutter update I

After putting everything in bankers boxes and move into the office. We can see a lot of space in the dinning area. And the office looks a little better as well.

We started to go thru one box which contains a lot of everything that do not belong together. Things such as supplies (pens, pencils, eraser, markers), banking stuff (deposit slips, check books), screw drivers, high school senior ring and some old pictures, address labels, key chains and few other items. From this one box alone, we have to put these items into the proper location.

Office supplies – keep all supplies in the 5 boxes of supplies we have
Screw drivers – goes into the tools box, dump some or give away some
Key chains – put them with the rest of the key chains, and we should not buy anymore of these as souvenirs
Old pictures – will put them together with the rest of the picture albums
High school ring – put it together with year book
Banking stuff, deposit slips, check books – I think we need a drawer for this & we need to shop for one since we dump our old working desk
Address stamp – put them next to stamps and envelops

I bag them in zip lock bags and waiting to put them in the proper box/location. My husband was looking for one particular checkbook which I accidently dropped in one of the folders in the same box and he wasn’t able to find it. He got very upset because he thought I was moving his stuff around without letting him know. I got more upset because he didn’t look at everything in there and accuse me of such doing. Anyhow, we ended up having a fight (which I normally just ignored him and don’t talk to him until the next day). Eventually, he apologized and we were all right. From this lesson, I told him that I will not try to clean up his mess. I thought because I have a little bit more time at home so I can start helping him with his mess. I realized it’s not appreciated and made both of us upset. I will leave his stuff alone since he is used to his own mess. I will set a good example by having my space very organized and hopefully one day he’ll clean up his mess. I’m trying to use the reverse psychology method here.

I’ve already scan all my documents utilizing the portable scanner he got me a year ago and I am finding everything on my finger tips without going through boxes or drawers. He sometimes asks me to scan some of his important documents. I’m sure in time he’ll find being organize is worth the effort.

2 comments:

  1. That's great how you are scanning everything. What type of portable scanner do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at the hospital with a relative and saw the workers there working with a Fujitsu scanner and it scanned both sides and it was in decent speed for the hospital. So I decided to go ahead and did research on the Fujitsu scanners. At first, I wanted a regular scanner to sit on the desk but my husband thought it was a bit pricy and takes up space so he did his research and we settle on this portable scanner. I loved it. It does exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted a scanner that can scan both sides (into pdf file), can do both color, black and white and can scan different sizes of papers. It comes with a software to scan business cards as well but I personally don’t like it as much. From a scale of 1-10 (1 being worst, 10 being best), I would rate this scanner a 7 or 8. In addition, it comes with a Free carrying case which you have to download the form, fill it out and send it in with proof of purchase.

    http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/peripherals/scanners/scansnap/s300.html

    Hummm, if you do buy this scanner or any Fujitsu scanners, I like to get a cut of my commission from Fujitsu. I realized I am doing free advertising for them. :P

    ReplyDelete